All you need to create a 2key account is your first name, last name, and contact details. By default, your first name is used as your user name. You can edit or complete your profile details at any time.
To create your user account:
- Go to https://2key.io/.
- In the top right corner, click Sign Up.
- Select the method to use to create your account.
Note: The system generates a default user name based on the signup method you selected.
Select your Username and password.
Check your email and confirm your email address.
Note: If you cannot see in your inbox, check your other and Spam folders.
- Sign in to your account with the username and password.
- From the welcome page, select Continue as a Referrer.
- From the newly open window, select Create my Wallet.
- To create your wallet:
- Enter a name for your wallet.
Note: the displayed default name is the page handle
- Enter a password for your wallet
- Confirm the password.
- Click Next.
A new window opens.
- Select between backing your wallet up immediately or postpone for a later time
- (Recommended) To back up your wallet, click Show secret words.
Secret words (mnemonics) are used to recover your wallet from any compatible HD wallet. It is the only way to guarantee access to your wallet and the funds it contains if you lose your wallet password. Store these secret words in a secure and private location.
- From the newly opened window, save the displayed secret words in the chronological order they are displayed by:
- Clicking Download Phrase.
- Copying them on a piece of paper.
- Copy-pasting them.
- Click I have Saved My Recovery Phrase.
- In the Test window, click on each of the displayed secret words in the chronological order.
- Click Next.
A new window opens
Warning: Do not navigate away until the wallet registration confirmation window is displayed.
- In the wallet confirmation window, click Continue.
- Your wallet page opens.
- (Alternatively) Click I will back up later.
2key does not guarantee access to your wallet if you lose your password.
Note: a reminder to back up your wallet will be displayed regularly until your wallet is backed up.